Saturday 2 April 2016

A look at Lewes...

On my way to that glamorous FA Cup First Round tie between Whitehawk and Lincoln City, I couldn't resist popping past Lewes' Dripping Pan ground - a game where I'd seen the Rooks play Kettering Town some six years previously in their season-long stint in the Conference Premier.

It's a ground that I'd very much recommend visiting. Full of charm, character and pretty easy to get to - it's just a five-minute stroll (maximum) from Lewes railway station.

Unfortunately, it looks like the long-suffering fans of Lewes are about to witness another relegation season - thus meaning the boys from the Dripping Pan will almost certainly be plying their trade in the Ryman League Division One (South) in 2016/17.

Here are a few photos to enjoy...

Peering over the fence and into the Dripping Pan.

Great scenery if you look beyond the stand.

Outside the main entrance.

At the other end of the ground.

Undoubtedly an away day worth doing - if you're sad enough like me.

I wonder if that van gets moved on matchdays?

Arguably the best scenery from inside a football ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.